Thursday, November 13, 2008

{soccer girl freebie}

I've had a few requests for some GIRL soccer flair, so I threw a few together for whoever would like them.



Download your freebie HERE. Enjoy.

So guess what, I'm getting pirated AGAIN! I seriously don't see where these Yahoo Groups get off taking kits. It's not like stealing from some faceless mega corporation who makes millions of dollars (not that I support that either! I'm again pirating of ANY kind). But to steal from a little digital scrapbooking designer. Holy cow, that is disgusting.

And the worse thing is that in this email that went out they made sure to say "Don't contact the designer. What we're doing isn't illegal, we're borrowing, not stealing". Can you believe that?! What liars!!!!!!!!!!! I am not as fuming as I was last time this happened, just disgusted at the dishonesty of some people.

Hey, are you signed up for the ScrapMatters.com Newsletter? If not, you are missing out on some awesome stuff. For one, you get a full free kit in every issue. The new one coming out is amazing, trust me, so make sure you're subscribed. All you have to do is go to the shop home page, and on the left hand column, where it says "Your email, subscribe", just enter your email and hit the subscribe button. I've seen the November Issue that is coming out and its awesome. Full of fun articles, interviews, tips and tricks (one written by me!) and of course, that awesome free kit. So sign up, so you don't miss out!

Speaking of getting free stuff, did you know that you can get a gorgeous Welcome Kit from ScrapMatters just for becoming a part of our community? Erica Zane just created a brand new one, so you should go see it and read the post about how you get it. It's really pretty! I'm excited to use it!!!


We're totally rearranging our living room/dining room/my office area.  I got totally fed up facing the wall with my back to front door and HAD to make a change.  But our living room is an impossible shape and we could NOT for the life of us figure out a way to set it up any differently.  But then - my brilliant aunt who has this magic eye for interior design came over for Beading Beauties the other night and I knew she'd figure it out for me!  It only took her like 5 minutes!  I love how its looking so far (its not done yet).  And the best part is I get to face the big front windows and actually see the world all day.  It's very refreshing!  

OH and I hope you didn't think I'd forgotten all about the new couch fund.  We raised enough money for the new couch (all thanks to you!!!) so we've been couch shopping.  I think we sat on like 50 sofas last Saturday night!  We still haven't found THE ONE yet, but we're looking!  I can't wait to get ride of our eye sore of a sofa, and make my living room look better!!!!  As soon as I find THE ONE, I'll post pics.

Well - I've got lots of work to do, so I better run. See you kids later. :)



18 comments:

  1. Beading Beauties was so fun the other night! Thanks for making it happen. I can't wait to see the new and improved furniture arrangement that Kris came up with!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awww, thank you ;) and good luck with the couch choosing :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. What! First of all I don't understand how people can take your stuff and give it away for free! That is so rude! Second WHY are they doing. Do they not have any conscience!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the cute soccer buttons! I'm so sorry you're being pirated. That just stinks. Good luck with your redecorating! I love decorating!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oohh... love the flair!

    Can't wait to see what your rooms look like now!! AND your couch. Good luck on the search!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you looked at sofas at Ethan Allen? I know they sound expensive, but their stuff is quality and it will LAST. I looove my EA couch. I had a regular couch before it and that one lasted a few years. I know my EA couch will last forever! Good luck with your search and good luck shutting down those pirates. That stinks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the flair, Britt!! I too, want to say sorry about the pirates. Really, it's just so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brit, I am so sorry you are getting stolen from! I would be PISSED OFF! You are taking it much better than I would, but I guess it is probably hard when you can't really do anything about it can you?

    On a happier note-I am so excited to see your new couch & your new arrangement! Matt gives me a hard time for wanting to re-arrange every few months. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you , these soccer pieces are perfect for my soccer girl who wear PINK shoes :) LOL

    Can't wait to see the new couch! Every time I use something from "the Ribbon Jar" i think about you and a new couch! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe they would actually say they were being dishonest and then still do it... what idiots... good luck on the couch search, isn't betting new furniture fun?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's no comment box at 4shared??? Weird! Thanks again, love, you ROCK!!!
    I'm so sorry about the pirating it's so wrong. You work so flippin hard. I wish there was something more we could do to stop them.
    Yay for the couch. I was wondering the other day if you finally had enough. Also wondering if you were going to come out with some more element "jar" stuff. Love it! But you know that!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the cute buttons - you're the greatest! I'm so sorry you're being pirated- that is so mean! Congrats on re-arranging your living room. Does your aunt make house calls? :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the soccer flair, Brtt! So glad you are getting close to finding your new couch! I think about your couch everytime I use your ribbons! LOL. Pirates suck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What the heck is with people anymore? Sorry to hear of your pirating woes. It is just plain wrong!!

    On a better note, thank you so very much for the Soccer Girl flair. My daughter is a big soccer player and "girlie" soccer stuff just ain't no where to be found. I really appreciate your gift to us.

    Peace Out,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sorry to hear about the Pirates again! There is just no accounting for lack of class! Don't let the pirates get you down!

    And good luck on the couch!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thank you! Your blog post will be advertised on the DigiFree Digital Scrapbooking Freebie search engine today (look for timestamp: 13 Nov [LA 09:00pm] - 14 Nov [NY 12:00am, UK 05:00am, OZ 04:00pm] ).

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks! My soccer girl will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sorry to hear about the dishonest people pirating your stuff... how do they live with themselves? Aren't their self worths more than the $5 or so they'd have to shell out for the kit? Sheesh. They think no one is looking, but that is so far from the truth....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...