Sunday, December 7, 2008

{the blessing of a book club}

Hello. It's Sunday night and my house is quiet. We are playing Christmas music while I scrapbook my blessing and Josh works on a HUGE paper he has due on Tuesday. It's a nice cozy night. This week has been fairly similar - calm and quiet. The calm before the storm. I think this next week might just kill me off. I started making a list today of everything I have to get done and its pretty flippin' huge.

But I don't want to dwell on the negative. I decided I'm not going to complain about how stressful my week is going to be and let the stress own me like I normally would. I'm just choosing to be happy and have fun and enjoy the season without getting too horribly stressed. I'll get it all done, but I won't make myself miserable. We'll see how this positive mental attitude works out for me.

ANYWAY - I was thinking about what to do for my blessing this week and I thought about how blessed I am to have my Book Club. Its just my mom, my grandma, and my aunts and a couple cousins. I love getting together each month to eat and talk and catch up and to talk about books. It's a blessing to be close to my family and and even bigger blessing to have them feel like friends too.


{full credits here}

We have our special December book club coming up and I'm so excited. My Aunt Kris is like the hostess-extraordinare and she goes ALL OUT for December book club. Delicious food, gorgeous decorations, fancy tea cups, the works. It's a real treat and we're all anxious to see what she does this year! No pressure Kris! :)

AND guess what else! It's my birthday in 1 week! One week from today!!! Woo hoo! Some people are all quiet about their birthdays and don't really let people know about it. Not me baby! I'm all about my birthday and I want everyone to know when it is. Next Sunday! Josh is taking me away for the night to Park City next weekend. I'm so excited! He just told me today. He's such a good husband.

One last LO to post and then I think I'll head for bed. I scrapped this LO of my baby brother's 16th birthday party at our Speed Scrap on Friday afternoon. I really like how it came out. His favorite color is green, so of course I had to make it green.


{full credits here}

Alrighty - that's it from me for tonight. See you later!

7 comments:

  1. I love your positive mental attitude - hope it works for you. I am starting a blessings book at the beginning of the year (no reason to start it now when I have 50 projects left to do). I am so excited. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always wanted to be a part of a book club! That sounds like so much fun! I'm always so into my book that I'm reading that I want to talk about it with someone, but nobody around me reads the same things I do. (that is, just for fun books)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No way, Britt! My b-day is next Sunday too!!! Sah-weet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's crazy--- It's my 29th birthday next Sunday!!! I'm tempted to enter a year of mourning, but your 'positive mental attitude' is a great example to me.... anyway-- Happy Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cool! Another December bday girl! Mine was Saturday (the 6th)!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. When it rains, it pours. :) I hope all that you have on your to-do list are positive ones.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're amazing Britt, as always. Thank you for fitting me in when your life is so crazy and hectic. I really appreciate it! And I can't wait till the first of the year when I can go digital! Yeah! I'll probably be calling you! Love ya, J

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...