My man is turning 31 today.
Josh - here are 31 memories I treasure from the time I met you to the present.
1) Waiting for you to kiss me for the first time. I knew you'd do it that night. But the kiss couldn't come fast enough! But when it did, it was fireworks.
2) Introducing you to my family. We had chinese food and your fortune was "You are pretty". I'll never forget that. My family all loved you right away. What's not to love?
3) Seattle. We are crazy. Enough said.
4) The first time you told me you loved me. I was so glad you said it, because I was TOTALLY in love with you too.
5) Remember going to watch that taping of "Joey"? It was so much fun and we laughed so hard. Remember how FREEZING cold it was in that studio??
6) Getting our matching cop costumes for Halloween from the Sony Pictures stock. We looked so good!
7) Chicago. Top of the Sears Tower. You asked. I said yes. My life would never be the same.
8) Our wedding day. Best. Day. Ever. I'd love to relive that day over and over again.
9) Lying on rattan sofas in our air conditioned Villa in St. Lucia watching Seinfeld while it was raining outside. I loved that random moment of our honeymoon!
10) Our first New Year's Eve as a married couple. Josh & Morgan invited us to their hotel and we played Cranium and watched fireworks out the window. I remember I was spazzy and nerdy and I wasn't even self conscious, I'm my REAL self with you!
11) Coming home to you after a long grueling day working on the film set. There was nothing I wanted more than to just come home and hug & kiss you.
12) Our first trip to Disneyland together. MAGIC. I am so incredibly happy (and lucky) you loved Disneyland as much as I do! Remember sitting front and center for the fireworks? We got an amazing spot! Probably the best we've ever had since.
13) At the premiere of Church Ball I have this distinct memory of you looking at me and seeing how proud you were of me. It caught me off guard. You were so sweet and brimming with pride. I felt like a million bucks.
14) Remember the heart shaped hot tub in our room in Niagara Falls?! HAHA!!! SO cliche and funny! I loved that trip SO MUCH! We gotta do that again VERY soon.
15) Playing Pictionary with my family and kicking their BUTTS!! To the point where they don't really want to play with us anymore. We are just too good!
16) Going to Disneyland with Christian, Marci & Eden. I know you agree, that was one of the best days at Disneyland ever. We were there from open to close and loved every minute. Remember sitting on that bench for a LONG time playing the game we made up?!
17) Playing Rock Band for hours. I loved that. We were sort of addicted for a short time. We should get it back out some time and get the band back together. :)
18) Watching fireworks on our balcony from the Owls games!
19) Driving up to the house we live in now on the first day we were looking for a rental house and just KNOWING this was our home. It was love at first sight.
20) Teaching in the nursery with you. We fell in love with those little ones. I loved seeing you on the floor playing imaginative games with them. Remember the imagination CD?
21) Seeing the Red Sox in person in Phoenix. It wasn't the most exciting game, but seeing them with our own eyes was pretty rad.
22) Going to the temple every week. I don't think we have ever been closer.
23) Waking up on the morning of your 30th birthday and finding out that after a very hard 14 months of trying we were Finally pregnant!! Running into the room and waking you up with the news was such an amazing feeling.
24) Remember when we saw "Walk The Line" at the movie theater? You came out so in love with me. I guess the story struck a chord. You hugged me so tight. I felt so incredibly special.
25) Seeing Death Cab for Cutie in concert. Were they the opening act? Anyway, they sang that song I'll Follow You Into The Dark. I held onto you and tears streamed down my face. I was so thankful to be your wife. I'll follow you anywhere baby.
26) Breakfast in the castle at Magic Kingdom. You took charge and got us a better table when you saw I was disappointed in where they originally sat us. It meant a lot that you did that. I know you hate to make a fuss!
27) The birth of our beautiful daughter. You were totally there for me. You were supportive and helpful. It was the hardest thing I've ever done and I could never have gotten through it without you.
28) Bringing Scarlett home. You are the sweetest most loving daddy ever. I love how good you are with her. So natural. The image of you rocking our tiny newborn will be an image I'll cherish forever.
29) Our first family road trip to Zions. I've always loved being in the road with you, but having Scarlett in the backseat was even more fun! That was such a fun trip, and I needed it so bad!
30) Watching our "dance show" together. I don't know if you realize how much I love hearing your critique and opinions. We talk like we are dance experts and I love it.
31) Finding that card on my keyboard the other day. After a seriously hard week, reading your sweet, appreciative, supportive, encouraging words gave me the boost i needed.
I could write a million more. I love you so much!!! We are MFEO. Let's have an amazing day today.